- How do I get my license to practice dental hygiene in the state of Oklahoma?
Please visit http://www.ok.gov/dentistry/ and click on Applications & Forms
- How do I report my continuing education the the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry?
Please CLICK HERE to learn how to report your CE’s.
- How do I become an ADHA/ODHA member?
Please visit https://mymembership.adha.org
To join the Oklahoma Dental Hygienists’ Association you must first join the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. When you register with the ADHA, you will be prompted to select which Constituent and Component you would like to join.
- Is it legal for my employer to make me clock out when my patient no-shows? Is it legal for a doctor to request that I do a “working interview” for no pay? Is it legal for my employer to send me home when my schedule falls apart?
Please visit the following link for answers to these questions and other legal questions about employment in the dental field: http://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/volume-34/issue-2/columns/legal-questions-about-employment.html
- Is it legal for my employer to categorize me as an Independent Contractor?
Here is a document from the IRS showing Independent Contractor vs. Employee, an actual recent document with names redacted showing it is illegal to categorize and pay a dental hygienist as an Independent Contractor.
There is also a section on the IRS website that gives more information regarding this issue: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/independent-contractor-self-employed-or-employee
This tip sheet is from the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC). If necessary, one can report illegal classification anonymously. TIP SHEET